Friday, March 6, 2009

Hats

In May of 2007 my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After a year of ups and downs with radiation and chemo, she passed away on June 15, 2008.

When she was diagnosed my husband and I sold our house and moved in with my parents so I could be her caretaker. Mom took care of everyone all her life and I'm lucky that I was able to take care of her that whole year.

Recently I began crocheting and remembered looking for hats when her hair started falling out. We only really found one hat that we both liked and was comfy. I wish I had started crocheting earlier so I could have made her hats to wear. So since I can't go back in time, I've decided to make some some hats in my spare time and donate them to the chemo ward. This blog is just to keep track of the hats I make for my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment