Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Cocoon

Here is my version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby cocoon and hat! 

I have a friend who is about to give birth in the next couple weeks or so.  I've been working on this for a while but mostly putting it off since I thought I had lots of time left.  I saw her recently and she's ready to go any moment now so had to rush to finish this project.

There are a couple patterns online, but I mostly free-styled it since I wasn't completely happy with any of the patterns. I was thinking about using homestyle yarn but couldn't find a color that I really liked, so instead used Caron Simply soft for the whole thing.  The cocoon is done all in a HDC stitch with 2 strands of the Simply soft yarn.  I would keep the main green and just switch out the 2nd strand for yellow, black or olive. 

I'm really happy with how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment