Friday, August 6, 2010

Comfort Shawl

I have been slacking most of the year on making hats. But I have been working on a few other projects. One of them was this comfort shawl I made for a friend that is going through a hard time lately. I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn and I think the color is painted desert, but not positive, I'll figure it out next time I'm at the store, though I do know that the fringe was done in the Barley homespun. The pattern was the Lion Brand Prayer Shawl / Healing Shawl free pattern (need to sign in) which uses a HDC stitch throughout. Though the pattern calls for 2 1/2 skeins, I used a few more (6?) than that since I wanted to make the shawl extra extra long so she could really wrap herself up in it. In the end I was very happy with the colors I chose and the overall look of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment